Happy Pride Month! It's a great time to celebrate – and take action to support the rights of South Carolina's LGBTQ+ community.
The rights of LGBTQ+ South Carolinians are being attacked in our state legislature and across the nation: Last month, Governor McMaster signed a bill into law that targets transgender student-athletes. Join us in standing up against these attacks and show your support for trans youth by signing this pledge. By adding your name, you'll sign up to receive the latest information in our fight for LGBTQ+ rights. And as post-legislative session discussions are currently happening, keep in contact with your elected officials.
Throughout June, there will be fun events happening all over the Palmetto state, including:
- Grand Strand Pride on Thursday, June 16 in Myrtle Beach.
- Annual Charleston Pride Parade on Saturday, June 25 in Charleston.
- Black Pride - Upstate Pride - SC on Saturday, June 25 in Greenville.
- Charleston Pride 2022 on Saturday, June 25 in North Charleston.
- Upstate Pride Gala, a Night to Honor the LGBTQ+ Community! on Saturday, June 25 in Greenville.
- Charlotte Brunch before Pride & Festival on Sunday, June 26 in Rock Hill.
- Famously Hot SC Pride Festival on Saturday, October 15 in Columbia.
We can't forget that the first Pride was a protest led by Black and Brown LGBTQ+ women. And we honor their legacy by celebrating and continuing to fight for LGBTQ+ rights.
ACLU of South Carolina