Many South Carolinians reach out to us because they are looking for legal help. We are not able to accept or respond to requests for legal assistance. But there are resources out there for people who need help.
The South Carolina Access to Justice Commission provides a tool, the Legal Resource Finder, which helps identify legal aid organizations you might be eligible for and self-help resources available to you.
Legal Resource Finder
Here are some other organizations that work with South Carolinians who need legal help:
- South Carolina Legal Services
- South Carolina Bar Association
- University of South Carolina Law Library
- South Carolina Appleseed Legal Justice Center
- SC Department on Aging (for legal matters involving seniors)
- South Carolina Commission on Indigent Defense (for criminal cases)
If you believe your rights have been violated, you can share your story with us to help us understand the status of civil rights and civil liberties in South Carolina.